These delicious, bite-sized protein balls manage to tick both the ‘indulgence’ and ‘pure-wellbeing’ boxes. They combine the saltiness of nut butters with the sweetness of Hair Food. Add the fluffiness of coconut flour and you’ve got an all-new clean treat; one for every palate in the family.
Enjoy them as a convenient snack, or as we approach Father’s Day, consider popping them into a glass jar with a ribbon for Dad.
These satisfying, healthy treats make for a perfect afternoon pick-me-up or post-workout protein hit. We’ve amplified the nutrition factor by adding Hair Food to ramp up the protein, enhance antioxidant content and boost the levels of hair-loving vitamin C, zinc and silica.
Moreish Cookie Dough Balls, your new go-to
What you’ll need:
- 2 servings of Hair Food (12g)
- 1 cup of Coconut Flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 cup of Nut Butter (we used Peanut + Hemp Seed Butter)
- 1/2 cup of Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped into small chunks (or mini chocolate chips)
- 3 Tbs of Honey
- 2 Tbs of Coconut Oil, melted (you may need more or less depending on the oil content of your Nut Butter)
- Pinch of Salt
Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. To make combining the mixture easier, use your hands.
Roll tablespoon amounts into balls, place on a plate or parchment-lined tray, and chill (and store) in the refrigerator.
- If the mixture is too wet when rolling the balls, more coconut flour may be added. Alternatively, chill balls in the fridge to let them firm up
- These can be frozen and stored for up to 3 months
- To make these vegan, substitute the honey for maple syrup and choose a vegan dark chocolate
- If you don’t have coconut flour or oat flour you can make your own by pulsing desiccated coconut or rolled oats in a food processor, Vitamix or Nutri-bullet until completely fine, with a flour-like consistency
Hungry for more?
Get recipes, tips and special offers in your inbox. Sign-up here.