Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Benefits of St. John’s Wort’ video and transcript.
There is much clinical evidence of the health benefits of St. John’s Wort for the nervous system, the liver, the skin, and more! However, there also are some significant cautions to be aware of with this plant. In this episode, I’ll also be showing you how to avoid St. John’s Wort side effects while working safely with the many gifts St. John’s Wort has to offer.
While modern science is racing to market the “one” herb (or constituent) for depression, herbalists are keen to recognize that herbs are best chosen for the person and not the disease. That’s why you won’t hear a lot of herbalists say that St. John’s Wort is THE herb for depression; but instead it’s an herb for certain kinds of depression.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [00:47] Introduction to St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- [01:57] Benefits of St. John’s Wort for the nervous system
- [06:05] St. John’s Wort promotes liver health and moves liver stagnation
- [08:16] St. John’s Wort is a diuretic
- [08:54] St. John’s Wort heals wounds and injuries
- [09:41] Experiences working with St. John’s Wort oil for sun damaged skin
- [13:59] Let’s talk about St. John’s Wort isolated constituents
- [14:30] How to identify St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- [15:40] How to harvest St. John’s Wort
- [16:20] St. John’s Wort preparations
- [17:31] How to avoid St. John’s Wort side effects
- [19:26] St. John’s Wort Fun Fact
Connect with Us
Are Your Ready for More Herbal Inspiration?
The best way to get started is by joining my herbal community and weekly newsletter where I share my best herbal tips and insights.
When you join you’ll also get access to The Herbal Jumpstart Course which helps you figure out the best herbs for you.
Sign up below!