If you’re new to SkinnyFit, you may have a lot of questions regarding your products. That’s totally okay, because there’s A TON that goes into our products, from natural flavors to unique superfoods, and even exotic tea leaves.
While our amazing customer support team is always here to answer your questions, I wanted to make finding the answers to your questions a little easier, so you can have the best SkinnyFit experience possible. The following are brief answers to some of our most frequently asked questions, as well as links to helpful blogs for further reading (when available).
I hope this list helps. And if you still have any questions, let us know so we can add them to this list and help our SkinnyFit community stay healthy, active, and informed!
1. Can I mix SkinnyFit products together?
Yes! Not only is mixing SkinnyFit products safe, it’s a fun way to find new delicious flavors, and diversify the healthy goodness you get every day from your favorite supplements! Our mixologists have even done the work for you by putting together our seven favorite SkinnyFit combos!
2. How does Super Youth help with weight loss?
Super Youth is packed with 7g of protein, which helps you feel fuller for longer, so you’re less likely to overeat at meals or over-snack in between them.
Despite having five different types of collagen peptides, and unbelievably good flavor (except for our Unflavored option, of course), Super Youth still only has 30 calories per serving! Ingesting a healthy amount of calories is one of the best things you can do to keep a healthy weight.
Super Youth pairs perfectly with a healthy diet. Unflavored Super Youth can mix into virtually anything, from coffee and tea, to baked goods and soups. We do not recommend mixing it with water.
Our flavored collagens, like Tropical Punch and Peach Mango, are perfect for adding to smoothies or infusing into water. And Super Youth Chocolate Cake is perfect for a low-calorie, high-nutrient, after-dinner treat.
3. How does Detox help with weight loss?
SkinnyFit Detox tea is the perfect kick-starter to any weight loss journey! It’s loaded with metabolism-boosters, like green tea, sencha, matcha, milk thistle, and 17 grams of caffeine—just to name a few. This helps keep your exercise motivation high, and burn calories through a process called thermogenesis! SkinnyFit Detox’s natural ingredients also help you shed water weight and combat hunger cravings.
For best results, pair Detox with a balanced diet of fiber, whole grains, fruits and veggies, and lean protein. To dive deeper into the benefits of Detox, check out this blog post: You can also learn how each tea in our Detox blend aids in weight loss by clicking here.
4. How does Skinny Greens help with weight loss?
SkinnyFit Skinny Greens is a powerful blend of 34 proven superfoods, naturally packed with powerful nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, polyphenols, and pre- and probiotics. These heroic nutrients help fight free-radical damage, oxidative stress, and other damaging side effects.
Beyond that, Skinny Greens superfoods blend contains metabolism-boosting amino acids and other natural compounds shown to help fight weight and fat gain, control appetite, aid digestion, and stimulate the thyroid gland, which can further aid in weight loss. Want more info? Click here to learn about the 13 best superfoods for weight loss (all of them, and more, in Skinny Greens)!
5. Why is collagen good for your hair?
Collagen is the building block of our hair, containing numerous amino acids and proteins that help increase keratin production. This can lead to fuller, lusher, glossier, and overall more healthy hair. With support from collagen type III, collagen type I acts as an antioxidant to preserve hair as we age, and even helps fight the damage from exposure to free radicals. Collagen type V is essential for the formation and effectiveness of types I & III.
SkinnyFit collagen contains types I, III, & V to support healthy, beautiful hair, plus types II & X for added support to our joints, bones, and youthfulness. We encourage you to learn about the science behind collagen and hair growth on our blog.
6. Why do I need 5 types of collagen?
There are a number of reasons we put five types of collagen into our Super Youth blends. Here are the three main reasons to get all five types of collagen together:
1) They work together to provide enhanced benefits. For example, type I & type III are essential “building blocks” for healthy hair, skin, and nails. But type V helps stimulate that tissue repair. Similarly, types II & X work in tandem to aid digestion, strengthen bones & joints, and help your body recover from physical and oxidative stress.
2) Getting all five available collagen types from different sources is expensive and time consuming. It may also mean an increase in caloric intake and there’s less guarantee of effectiveness. Getting all five collagen types from one supplement maximizes the youthful benefits of a collagen-rich diet.
3) Different collagen types come from different collagen sources. SkinnyFit Super Youth combines bovine, chicken, marine, and eggshell collagen, all from premium sources for ensured quality.
Customer trust is extremely important to us. If you’d like to dive deeper into the science supporting multi-collagen peptides, we’ve written an extensive article explaining all the benefits.
7. Is my collagen still effective if I mix it with coffee?
Yes! In fact, we made Super Youth collagen with coffee (and tea) drinkers in mind. Unflavored is optimum, but if you’re a chocolate lover, try adding a ½ or full scoop of Chocolate Cake to your cup-a-joe. The best part is, not only does Super Youth dissolve perfectly in coffee, tea, and other hot beverages, but it also maintains its efficacy. This is because Super Youth collagen peptides are made at the highest standard and undergo an intricate process called hydrolysis. This process exposes them to temperatures much higher than coffee, which typically is brewed at 185ºF.
This high standard of production also makes Super Youth an excellent, healthy ingredient in baked goods and soups. Want to know more about how our collagen goes so well with coffee? Here, we’ve saved you the searching.
8. Why are my SkinnyFit products different sizes?
Every SkinnyFit product is unique, not just in taste but in formula. Because of this, the volume of the container and the serving size varies based on recommended daily intake. For example, the serving size for our Super Youth collagen peptides is 8.5 grams per scoop. Each container holds 58 servings, from which we recommend taking 2-3 servings per day, depending on your collagen needs and goals. SkinnyGreens, on the other hand, is 8.2 grams per serving, with a recommendation of 1 serving per day. The less required volume per serving, the fewer the servings needed, and the smaller the container.
9. What do I do if a product is too sweet for my liking?
Everyone has different taste preferences, especially when it comes to sweetness. If you find your SkinnyFit products are too sweet for your liking, here are some helpful tips to make your tastebuds happy without diluting the effectiveness.
- Add a little more water. Incrementally add one or two ounces of water to your mix to make it less sweet.
- Blend into a smoothie with neutral flavors such as almond milk, oat milk, or your favorite nut butter.
- Go Unflavored! Super Youth Unflavored collagen is odorless, flavorless and dissolves just as easily as all our other ingredients, so it’s perfect for adding to just about anything.
Ultimately, all SkinnyFit products are completely customizable. Be adventurous and experiment to find the flavor combos and food pairings that suit your taste best!
10. Why am I not losing weight?
There’s more to losing weight than exercising and eating more veggies. After years of helping women kickstart successful weight-loss journeys, we’ve found the following very common reasons why you might not be losing weight.
- The scale may not be reflecting your true progress. For instance, many people lose inches around their waist while putting on new lean muscle. Because muscle weighs more than fat, the scale can hide how well they’re actually doing.
- A lack of sufficient protein could be holding back your metabolism. Protein is shown to both boost your metabolism as well as keep you satiate for longer and curb your hunger cravings. If you’re eating well, but often, try having a scoop of Super Youth between meals. It contains 7 grams of protein but only 30 calories, and can help hold you over until your next meal.
- You could be lacking quality sleep. Studies show that your metabolism is directly linked to the quality of sleep, and not getting enough could lead to weight gain. This is why we made caffeine-free SkinnyFit ZzzTox, a night-time tea blend that soothes and detoxifies, helping you burn calories while catching a good night’s rest.
11. How do I sign up for the 28-Day Challenge?
Want to transform your life in 28 days? Great! 🙌 Getting started is easy. Start here to learn about the challenge, what to expect, and what products we recommend for the most success. You’ll also be able to download the button directly.
12. Why am I breaking out?
Believe it or not, breaking out can be an indication that your detox is working. While not everyone will get breakouts, it is a normal part of the detoxification process, a result of toxins leaving your body.
It’s important to note that skin type and proneness to acne DOES NOT increase your chances of a breakout during your detox. If you experience breakouts during detoxification, it’s probably a good thing! Click here to learn more about why breakouts sometimes happen during detox.
13. What order should I take SkinnyFit products?
Timing is everything, even when it comes to taking your SkinnyFit products. Here is an excellent timeline for getting the most out of your SkinnyFit journey. It’s something I follow to the T, with excellent results:
- Upon waking: Detox (optional: 1 cup) Daily Glow (2 capsules)
- With breakfast: Beauty Juice (1 scoop) Super Youth (1 scoop. Optional: with Beauty Juice), Belly Balance (1 capsule),
- Mid morning: Detox (1 cup)
- 30 minutes before lunch: Snack Attack (2 capsules)
- Mid Afternoon: Skinny Greens (1 scoop)
- Pre-workout: Jump Start (1 scoop 30 minutes before workout)
- During/post-workout: Repair & Recover (1 scoop), Super Youth (optional: 1 scoop with Repair & Recover)
- With dinner: Belly Balance (1 capsule)
- Before Bed: ZzzTox (1 cup), Super Youth (optional: 1 scoop)
By no means do you need ALL of these SkinnyFit products to see exceptional results (though it certainly helps). You can tailor your intake based on lifestyle and preferences. For instance, you can use Super Youth as a healthy, filling, yet low-calorie, hold-me-over between meals, or Detox again later for an afternoon pick-me-up. Following the above guidelines, however, is an excellent place to start. For more info on the effectiveness of the above schedule, click here.
All SkinnyFit products are available online at www.skinnyfit.com.
14. What’s the difference between prebiotics and probiotics?
Pre- and probiotics are different, but work in tandem to improve our health. You may have heard their symbiotic relationship referred to as microbiome therapy.
Prebiotics are dietary fibers (mostly indigestible carbohydrates) that probiotics feed off of. Prebiotics can be carbohydrates, such as whole grains, or non-carbohydrate compounds, such as the flavonoids in apple skins. As the name suggests, prebiotics are necessary for probiotics to be effective.
You can find lots of healthy prebiotics in SkinnyFit superfood powders, Beauty Juice and Skinny Greens.
Probiotics are the good bacteria in our digestive system that help to restore gut flora and balance your gut health. Examples of common probiotics are yogurt, keifer, and sauerkraut, among other fermented foods.
Beauty Juice and Skinny Greens both have probiotics as well. But you can also get your prebiotics and probiotics in capsules with SkinnyFit Belly Balance.
The gut is often called the “forgotten organ,” even though it’s responsible for total-body health, including brain function.  I strongly encourage you to learn about the importance of pre- and probiotic roles for improving your overall well being. Click here to dive in.
15. What should I eat to lose weight?
Everybody—and every body—is different. Your caloric needs, metabolism, body type, lifestyle, food allergies, and more, all contribute to the type of weight-loss diet most effective for you.
In general, a healthy diet that’s rich in whole foods, fiber and protein, and is low in simple carbs and saturated fats, will help most people lose or maintain their weight. Pairing a good diet with regular exercise and nutritious supplements is key.
SkinnyFit’s low-calorie, nutrient-dense supplements and teas are designed to help almost everyone achieve their weight loss goals. Using Super Youth collagen peptides, for instance, is a great way to get a high-protein, low-calorie snack to reduce hunger cravings and stimulate your metabolism between meals. SkinnyFit Detox tea will help boost thermogenesis (fat-burning) along with metabolic rate.
Need help putting together a clean-eating grocery list? We’ve got you covered.
16. Can men use Detox tea?
Absolutely—and thousands do every day! Detox is 100% safe for both men and women, both of whom can benefit from the detoxifying and metabolism-boosting ingredients. To learn more about Detox for men, click here.
17. How does ZzzTox improve sleep?
SkinnyFit ZzzTox contains all of the top five teas recommended for sleep. This allows you to get a breadth of relaxing micronutrients that help address the most common causes of poor sleep.
For example, nothofagin and aspalathin (found in rooibos teas and SkinnyFit ZzzTox) are rare flavonoids that help reduce stress hormones.  ZzzTox also contains other natural sedatives such as valerenic acid, which helps calm active minds, as well as ingredients that soothe muscle spasms.
As a bonus, ZzzTox also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that help you metabolize fat and calories overnight, so you can lose a little weight while getting a lot of sleep.
18. How much collagen should I be taking?
The amount of collagen you should be taking depends on the amount of collagen your body needs. Because every body is different, we have three daily serving-sizes of SkinnyFit Super Youth that we recommend:
- For general health, we recommend 5-10g of Super Youth per day. This is about one scoop of Super Youth collagen peptides.
- To lose weight and increase energy, we recommend 11-20g, or about two scoops, of Super Youth each day. This will help reduce inflammation, strengthen your gut lining, and improve digestion. This is also the recommended serving size for those looking to see visibly healthier skin, hair, and nails.
- To reduce joint pain, improve mobility, build lean muscle, and health your body, we recommend replenishing your connective tissue with 21-30g of Super Youth per day, the equivalent of 2-3 scoops. We highly recommend reading about how to use collagen to hit your goals.
19. What are some healthy recipes to help me get started?
Just like anything, getting started on your health and wellness journey can be the hardest part. Our (truly amazing, hilarious, gifted, genius) team of health and wellness professionals have worked hard to collect the best recipes to get you going and actually ENJOY your journey from the very first sip.
From immune boosting mixes, to healthy cinnamon-hibiscus teas, to Detox-infused summer cocktails, you can find 22 simply delicious SkinnyFit Detox recipes here.
Super Youth collagen is every bit as versatile as Detox. Whether you’re looking for tropical collagen-infused drinks, healthy collagen cookies and desserts, or hearty meals to please the whole family (plus everyone’s hair, skin, nails, bones, joints, and digestion), check out our 47 favorite collagen recipes.
And if you’re one of those people who enjoys scrolling things to watch on Netflix more than actually watching things on Netflix, you can scroll through allllll of our delicious SkinnyFit recipes on our nutrition blog. It’s right here.
Learn More About SkinnyFit Products
To learn more about our SkinnyFit products, check out our SkinnyFit Product Guide! It contains everything you need to know about our incredible line up, how to take them, and all the benefits you can expect in one convenient place.